Places available for 19th May
Due to popular demand and great positive feedback the Surf Yoga Sessions are back for 2013. We are delighted to team up with Aisling Harris and Bundoran Surf Co – and remember the weekends are open to men and women.
The yoga and surfing weekends give you the chance to train with a Yoga Sports Coach Specialist and highly qualified surf instructors. The weekend includes accommodation, 2 surf lessons and 2 Yoga sessions. Both surf and yoga sessions are limited to 8 participants max, so you are guaranteed an optimal coaching session. Courses are open for both beginner surfers and improver surfers. No previous experience of Yoga or Surfing is required. Suitable for beginner, improver and intermediate surfers.
Yoga and Surf Weekends 2013
Based on 5 persons sharing €130 per person
Based on 6 persons sharing €125 per person
Based on 7/8 persons sharing €120 per person
The Surf Yoga Workshops facilitate:
· Development of concentration and focus
· Enhance physical performance, stamina, agility, fitness and endurance
· Strength and conditioning
· Functional stability and mobility
· Aid injury prevention
· Improve the quality and efficiency of the breath
· Effective management of tension and stress levels
· Explosive Power
· Explosive Breathing
· Improve Proprioperception & Spatial Awareness
· Improve Body Awareness
· Improved paddling and pop ups
· Learning the technique to turn the board and ride the wave
· Prefect/learn to duck dive
Your yoga sports coach for the weekend is Aisling Harris. Aisling is a Yoga Sport Specialist/Coach working within Yoga Sports Science. Aisling is graduating in May 2011 and will be one of only 23 fully qualified and registered in the U.K. and Ireland. (The only YSS coach in Ireland at present).
Aisling has been actively researching the benefits of yoga within surfing and has recently completed successful research papers on the topic. Yoga Sport Science enables a surfer to integrate training techniques – sport specific yoga techniques with traditional modern training, sports science, plymetrics and periodization training.